Chicken and Waffles "BLT"

The restaurant has been known for comfort food for awhile, and chicken and waffles was one item almost always on the menu. I will admit, the previous version was rather boring, so I removed it completely to rethink the dish. I decided to do a BLT version of chicken and waffles for a special and it was a hit. Chances are likely it will make it on the new menu, coming soon.

This BLT consists of a southern spiced battered and breaded chicken thigh, maple lacquered and peppercorn crusted applewood smoked bacon (my favorite part), fava-maple aioli, kamuela tomato and baby iceberg lettuce in between 2 Belgian style, crispy waffles. I served it up with sweet potatoe French fries. It was a hit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pomegranate "Caviar" using Geletin

A Few Food Shots

Achiote Marinated Sous Vide Chicken