Pheasant Mousse and Roasted Veal Terrine


Its been a while since I've done a terrine for an amuse-bouche. Today proved to be the right day for one. This one consists of only a few items, which work very well together. First, I roasted a couple veal chops with nothing but salt, pepper and a touch of garlic. I also sauteed a mixture of portabello and oyster mushrooms which I hit with a splash of white wine. I cut the cooked veal and mushrooms into strips and tossed them into a bowl with some thin asparagus. Next was the pheasant mousse. A simple puree of cleaned pheasant breast, whipping cream and egg whites made a nice soft mousse to hold together my terrine. After testing a small batch of the mousse for flavor and consistency, I mixed all ingredients together, holding all the different elements together as one. I layered the mix into my terrine mold which happens to be a triangle mold, wrapped it very tightly and poached the terrine for about 20 minutes. After removing the terrine from the mold, I could see that it had held together very nicely. I then rolled it in a blend of chopped herbs, including basil, thyme, sage and parsley. The roasted tomato coulis and creme friache seemed to be the perfect fit to compliment the terrine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pomegranate "Caviar" using Geletin

A Few Food Shots

Achiote Marinated Sous Vide Chicken