Pheasant Sushi???




Ok, not sushi, but it sure looks like it. I took the idea of sushi (after chatting with my brother in law) and put a rocky mountain twist on it. I used arborio rice cooked risotto style for the rice. I layered prosciutto inside rather than nori. Roasted pheasant and mushrooms and carrots filled the sushi roll.
After rolling the traditional way, I coated each roll with a mixture of fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese. Before slicing, I cooked the parm to a nice crisp, aromatic consistency. This was then served on veal demi, and a garnished with white truffle scented olive oil. It turned out nice and hearty which is great for the cool weather we have been having.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pomegranate "Caviar" using Geletin

A Few Food Shots

Achiote Marinated Sous Vide Chicken